NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. - The Manchester University volleyball team will return to Stauffer-Wolfe Arena on Wednesday October 23 to host Bluffton University. Wednesday's match against the Beavers will begin at 7 p.m.
Manchester University will be taking part in the fifth annual #UCanCrushHunger challenge sponsored by Community Harvest Food Bank. The challenge is designed to help feed communities in northeast Indiana. This year's goal is to collect 50,000 pounds of food. All food donated will be weighed, and each dollar donated will count as four pounds of food toward the total overall goal. A collection bin will be located at the entrance of Stauffer-Wolfe Arena on Wednesday night.
Manchester News & Notes
* Manchester University is entering the final two weeks of the 2019 regular season. After hosting Bluffton on Wednesday, Manchester will host Mount St. Joseph on Saturday October 26. Saturday's match will be Senior Day.
* Next week, MU will be on the road at Anderson (Wed. Oct. 30), Hanover (Fri. Nov. 1), and #21 Transylvania (Sat. Nov. 2).
* The Spartans dropped their most recent outing at Earlham this past weekend in straight sets.
* A season ago, the Spartans defeated Bluffton in four sets in Ohio.
Bluffton News & Notes
* The Beavers enter Wednesday's match with an overall record of 5-20.
* BU has gone 1-4 through its first five HCAC matches.
* On Saturday, Bluffton dropped a pair of matches. The Beavers fell in a five-set thriller to Hanover College and dropped a straight-set match to nationally ranked Otterbein.
* The Beavers' lone conference win of the season came against Mount St. Joseph in four sets.