NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – The Manchester University volleyball team will gear up for a busy weekend. On Friday October 4, the Spartans will travel to nearby Huntington University for a 4 p.m. non-conference match against the Foresters.
On Saturday October 5, Manchester will host a tri-match with Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology and Eureka College. MU will take on Rose at Noon. RHIT will face Eureka at 2 p.m. The Spartans will then round out the day at 4 p.m. against Eureka.
Saturday's tri-match will also be a GOLD Rush day for students.
Friday October 4
Huntington 3, Manchester 0 - Box Score
Saturday October 5
Rose-Hulman vs. Eureka – 2:05 p.m. – Live Video
Manchester News & Notes
* Manchester split a pair of matches last weekend at the Franklin tri-match.
* MU narrowly fell to Franklin in five sets but rebounded in its second match against Capital, defeating the Crusaders in four sets.
* Lauren Gandhi is nearing the 1,000-assist mark for her career. Gandhi enters this weekend with 888 career assists, good enough for sixth-place in the Manchester record book.
* Anna Marie Lawrie has 1,320 career digs. That total has moved her up to sixth-place on the all-time list.
* Halle Planck ranks sixth in the HCAC with 3.09 kills per set.
* The Spartans sport a 6-9, 0-1 HCAC record.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes
* Rose-Hulman will bring a record of 7-12 to North Manchester this weekend.
* The Fightin' Engineers have faced a difficult schedule this season, playing matches against DePauw, Puget Sound, No. 10 Carthage and Millikin.
* Saturday's match will be RHIT's HCAC opener.
* Junior libero Katryna Dahlberg has been named the HCAC Defensive Player of the Week twice this season. She was the 2018 HCAC Defensive Most Valuable Player.
Eureka News & Notes
* Eureka College stands 4-10 on the year. The Red Devils will play Principia and Spalding before traveling to Manchester.
* Eureka is a member of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC).
* Caitlin Miller leads the team with 90 kills. Sara Worrell has posted team-highs of 306 assists and 150 digs.
* Eureka College is coached by Nick Mackall.