NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. - The Manchester University women's basketball team split a pair of games in its annual Main View Tournament. The women defeated MacMurray College 71-57 on Friday to advance to today's title game. The Spartans battled Westminster (Pa.) in a had-fought game, but fell just short on Saturday, dropping a 63-56 decision.
Manchester 71, MacMurray 57 - Box Score
* The Spartans were led by career efforts from Hillery Shepherd (Middletown, Ind./Shenandoah) and Hannah Lindsey (Speedway, Ind./Speedway). Shepherd had 12 points and three rebounds while Lindsey added 14 points off the bench.
* Bridget Nash (Carmel, Ind./Bishop Chatard) added 10 points off the bench.
* Macy Miller (Huntertown, Ind./Carroll) tallied eight rebounds and blocked three shots.
Westminster (Pa.) 63, Manchester 56 - Box Score
* Nicole Weaver led the Spartans with 16 points and three three-point field goals.
* Haley Farris finished with seven points and six rebounds.
* Forward Emily Fromknecht led the Titans with a double-double, posting 13 points and 14 rebounds on Saturday.
Manchester will travel to Kalamazoo College on Friday November 22 for a 7:30 p.m. meeting with the Hornets.