NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – The Manchester University men's basketball team will be back in action on Wednesday night as the Spartans open Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference play against Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology.
The Spartans and Fightin' Engineers will clash in Stauffer-Wolfe Arena at 7:30 p.m.
Manchester News & Notes
* Manchester will return to the hardwood for first time since November 23.
* The Spartans were narrowly clipped by Westminster (Mo.) in their last outing by a final score of 98-94.
* The Spartans have wins over Kalamazoo (102-98, OT) and Webster (72-67) this season.
* Junior newcomer DeMoines Whitney leads the Spartans in scoring (16.2 ppg), rebounding (7.8 rpg), blocks (8), field goal percentage (58.3%) and total field goals made (35).
* Manchester is 29-31 all-time against RHIT. MU will look for its first win over Rose-Hulman since the 2016-17 season on Wednesday.
The Opponent: Rose-Hulman Fightin' Engineers (2-4)
* The Fightin' Engineers recently fell to Albion, 69-64. on Sunday December 1.
* Point guard Craig McGee leads the Fightin' Engineers in scoring (15.8 ppg), rebounding (8.3 rpg), assists (6.3 apg) and steals (1.0 spg). McGee was the Great Lakes Region Rookie of the Year in 2018.
* RHIT has collected wins over Oakland City and Aurora this season.
* Head coach Rusty Loyd is in his sixth season at the helm of the men's basketball program.