NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – Manchester University will look to make one final push towards a spot in the HCAC Tournament this week. The Spartans are just one game back of the sixth slot in the conference standings; the top six teams in the conference advance to the conference tournament. The Spartans currently sport a record of 9-14, 6-10 HCAC with two games remaining during the regular season.
On Wednesday night, the Spartans will travel to Bluffton University for a 7:30 p.m. showdown with the Beavers.
Manchester News & Notes
* The Spartans turned their season around a month ago after defeating Bluffton 74-68 in Stauffer-Wolfe Arena on January 16.
* In MU's previous win over Bluffton, Cornell Hampton posted a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Adrian Johnson added 15 points and seven assists. Nathan Carbaugh and Cortiz Buckner added 13 and 11 points respectively.
* Adrian Johnson still ranks among the league leaders in a few offensive categories. Johnson ranks second in the HCAC in scoring with 19.8 ppg. He also leads the league with 5.0 assists per game.
Bluffton News & Notes
* The Spartans will have another formidable road test ahead of them. The Beavers have gone 11-1 at home this season with their one loss coming this past weekend against Anderson.
* Andrew Renner still leads the Beavers in scoring. The junior guard is averaging 16.5 ppg. Renner also leads the HCAC in rebounding with 7.0 rpg.
* Bluffton has already clinched a spot in the 2019 HCAC Tournament and has a record of 15-7, 10-6 HCAC this season.