NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – The Manchester University men's basketball team will host rival Anderson tonight in a critical Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference game. The Spartans and Ravens are both battling for playoff berths as the regular season winds down. Tonight's game will begin at 7:30 p.m. in Stauffer-Wolfe Arena.
Manchester News & Notes
* The Spartans will look to get back into the win column tonight after dropping their past two contests. MU dropped an 85-78 decision on Monday night at Franklin College.
* Manchester has posted an overall record of 9-12 this season. MU sits in a tie with Franklin for sixth-place in the HCAC standings with a league mark of 6-8.
* Adrian Johnson still leads the conference with 5.2 assists per game and ranks second in scoring with 19.9 points per game.
* On Monday, freshman forward Nathan Carbaugh nearly posted his first career double-double, finishing with 13 points and nine rebounds against the Grizzlies. Carbaugh leads the Spartans in field goal shooting, making 66.2 (49-74) percent of his shots this season.
Anderson News & Notes
* The Ravens are coming off a huge win this past weekend. Anderson knocked off league-leading Hanover 79-74 at home on Saturday afternoon.
* AU will bring a record of 8-13, 7-7 HCAC to North Manchester tonight.
* Anderson clipped the Spartans 82-71 earlier this season.
* Senior Cole Hartman is the team's leading scorer at 14.4 ppg.
* The 2018 Manchester Spartana HCAC Crouss Country Championship team will be honored tonight at halftime. The women's cross country program has won three conference titles in the past four years.
* Manchester will also welcome back and honor John Kimmel. Kimmel was a an all-Americna and National Champion in track and field and was named to the HCAC all-Decade Team this past fall.
* Also at halftime for students, there will be a free throw shooting competition for a chance to win Fort Wayne Mad Ants tickets.