NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – The Manchester University men's basketball team will look to bounce back on the road tonight at Franklin College. Playing their fourth game in eight days, the Spartans will look to solidify their spot in the HCAC playoff race. Tonight's contest will begin at 7:30 p.m.
Manchester News & Notes
* The Spartans are very much in the hunt for a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Tournament spot as MU sits 9-11, 6-7 on the season. Manchester is sixth in the league standing and one game ahead of Franklin.
* Manchester saw its four-game win streak snapped in heartbreaking fashion on Saturday as Transylvania hit a buzzer-beating three for a 74-73 win.
* On Saturday, Cornell Hampton scored 14 points, grabbed six rebounds, and collected five steals. Nathan Carbaugh added 13 points and five rebounds against the Pioneers.
* Senior Adrian Johnson tallied 26 points against the Pioneers this past weekend. Johnson is currently fifth all-time in school history in scoring with 1,757 points. Johnson leads the conference with 5.2 assists per game and ranks second in scoring with a career-best 19.9 points per game.
Franklin News & Notes
* Franklin is trending upward, winners of three straight, the Grizzlies have re-entered the HCAC playoff conversation with a record of 7-13, 5-8 HCAC.
* The Spartans will look to complete the season sweep of Franklin tonight. Manchester downed FC back on January 2, 96-86, in Stauffer-Wolfe Arena.
* Franklin topped Earlham on Saturday by a 97-76 final.
* Sam Gutierrez leads Franklin in scoring with 13.8 ppg.