NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – The Manchester University men's basketball team will continue its push for a spot in next month's Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Tournament. The Spartans will look to earn another key HCAC win this weekend at Mount St. Joseph. Manchester and MSJ will face one another on Saturday January 26 at 5 p.m.
Manchester News & Notes
* The Spartans have won back-to-back games and improved to 7-10, 4-6 HCAC with a 90-67 victory over visiting Defiance College on Wednesday night.
* Currently, Manchester is in a tie-for-sixth-place in the league standings with Earlham. The top six teams will advance to the HCAC Tournament.
* This will be the second meeting between MU and MSJ. The Lions defeated the Spartans earlier this season by a final score of 71-56 in Stauffer-Wolfe Arena on December 1.
* Senior Adrian Johnson is the second leading scorer in the conference, averaging a career-best 19.3 points per game. Johnson moved into fifth-place all-time in Manchester history following Wednesday's 23-point performance against Defiance. Johnson has scored 1,687 career points.
Mount St. Joseph News & Notes
* The Lions are also in the hunt for an HCAC Tournament spot. MSJ finds itself on the outside looking in, currently sitting in seventh-place with a record of 6-12, 4-7 HCAC.
* The Lions picked up three consecutive wins earlier this month, topping Franklin, Defiance, and upsetting Transylvania.
* However, MSJ is currently on a three-game skid, entering Saturday's matchup with the Spartans. On Wednesday, Rose-Hulman topped the Lions by a final score of 67-52.