NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – After a snowy weekend, the Manchester University men's basketball team is set to return to action on Wednesday January 23 when the Spartans welcome the Defiance College Yellow Jackets to Stauffer-Wolfe Arena. Tip-off on Wednesday night is currently set for 7:30 p.m.
Manchester News & Notes
* The Spartans stand 6-10, 3-6 HCAC this season. The Spartans have gone 4-4 at home during the 2018-19 campaign.
* Manchester University won at Defiance in the teams' previous meeting this season. MU defeated the Yellow Jackets 76-70. The Spartans overcame two 12-point deficits.
* In December's matchup in Ohio, Adrian Johnson scored a team-high 18 points. Matthew Westman added 15 points and Keiton Hall chipped in 12 points on 4-of-7 shooting from three-point territory.
* The Spartans' contest this past weekend against Earlham College was postponed to due to Winter Storm Harper. Manchester and Earlham will make that game up next week on Monday January 28 at 7:30 p.m. in Stauffer-Wolfe Arena.
Defiance News & Notes
* The Yellow Jackets will look to end a seven-game losing streak on Wednesday night. DC stands 2-15, 0-10 HCAC this year.
* The Yellow Jackets won back-to-back games in mid-December, defeating Spalding and Geneva.
* Over the weekend, Defiance fell to Rose-Hulman 84-48.
* Freshman Marrell Jordan leads the team in scoring with 12.5 points per game. Fellow freshman Tyler Andrew is chipping in 12.4 ppg.