NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – The Manchester University football team will play its final game at historic Burt Field on Saturday November 16 at 1:30 p.m. Manchester football has been competing on the ground located at the venerable stadium since 1934. The stadium was named in honor of Carl Burt, the "Father of Manchester Football" in 1988. Next fall, the Spartans will be playing in their new athletic stadium that will feature artificial turf and modern amenities.
* Manchester Spartans (3-6, 2-4 HCAC) vs. Anderson Ravens (3-6, 1-5 HCAC)
* Current Streak: Manchester won 8
* Last Meeting: 2018, Manchester won 35-6
The Bronze Ball Game & Senior Day
* Manchester takes on rival Anderson in the final game of the 2019 regular season.
* The Spartans and Ravens will once again play for the coveted Bronze Ball trophy.
* Manchester has kept the Bronze Ball trophy in North Manchester for 8 straight years.
* MU will also honor its senior class of Logan Poll, Reid Kammerdiener, Justin Thomas, Tanner Fernung, Brody Stoltz, Donavan Henderson, Jr., Jacob Johnson, Alex Downard, Tyler Mann, De'Lon Barnes, and Nolan Sipe.
* Managers Kayla Blanchard and Tiffany Phinezy, as well as cheerleader Bella Case will also be honored on Saturday.
Manchester News & Notes
* Manchester will look to end the 2019 season with back-to-back victories for the first time since 2017, when the Spartans won four straight to conclude the regular season.
* MU's defense did a little of everything (3 Ints, Safety, Fumble Recovery, Defensive TD) last week in the Spartans' 19-0 shutout victory over Defiance College.
* Last week's shutout was just second shutout for Manchester since 2012.
* Senior RB Donavan Henderson, Jr. carried the ball 31 times for 216 yards and one touchdown against Defiance. * Henderson now has 1,315 rushing yards this season, breaking his own record set last year for most rushing yards in a single-season in Manchester history.
* Freshman Devontay Moore leads the HCAC with 10 sacks this season. He had three sacks for 19 yards and four tackles-for-loss for 25 yards last week.
Anderson News & Notes
* The Ravens will bring a record of 3-6, 1-5 HCAC to North Manchester this weekend.
* AU has dropped five straight games since starting the season 3-1.
* Anderson scored 46 points in their last outing against Mount St. Joseph on Saturday November 9.
* Anderson has the second-ranked offense in the HCAC, averaging nearly 433 yards per game.
* Quarterback Tyson Harley ranks second in the league in passing yards (2,763) and passing TDs (20). He was named the HCAC Offensive Player of the Week on Monday.