NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – For the second time this season, the Manchester University football team will travel to nearby Defiance College in Ohio for a matchup with the Yellow Jackets. Manchester defeated DC earlier this season 52-21 in a non-conference meeting. Saturday's game is slated as a conference game.
Kickoff against the Yellow Jackets is set for 1:30 p.m.
* Manchester (2-6, 1-4 HCAC) at Defiance (0-8, 0-5 HCAC)
* Current Streak: Manchester won 3
* Last Manchester win: 2019 – 52-21
Thurs. Sept. 19 – Manchester 52, Defiance 21 – How it Happened:
* Senior running back Donavan Henderson, Jr. rushed for 139 yards and a career-high 5 touchdowns as the Spartan ground game sprinted past the Yellow Jackets.
* The Spartans ran for nearly 300 yards as MU racked up 292 yards on the ground.
* Manchester's defense also forced three Defiance turnovers, including recovering a fumble in the end zone for a touchdown in the previous meeting earlier this season.
* Freshman linebacker Devontay Moore posted 11 tackles, 2 sacks, and 2.5 tackle-for-loss for 21 yards in Manchester's victory over DC. He also blocked a punt that would later contribute to a Manchester field goal.
* Manchester led by as much as 38 points (45-7) in the third quarter in the previous meeting.
* Following the Spartans' win against DC, Henderson, Jr., Moore, and kicker Andrew Kibler (7-7 XP, 1-1 FG) swept the HCAC weekly player of the week awards.
Manchester News & Notes
* Manchester will look to snap a two-game skid.
* The Spartans were bested in their last outing on Saturday by Bluffton by a final score of 26-14.
* Manchester has won three straight matchups over the Yellow Jackets.
* Donavan Henderson, Jr. still leads the HCAC with 137.4 rushing yards per game.
* Devontay Moore ranks third in the league with 7.0 sacks.
Defiance News & Notes
* The Yellow Jackets are still searching for their first win of 2019.
* Defiance recently fell at Rose-Hulman by a final score of 53-6.
* DC is allowing 53.3 points per game this season.