NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – Manchester University will have its sights on tackling another Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference foe this week as the Spartans head to Hanover College on Saturday October 26.
Saturday's game will kick off at 1:30 p.m. at Hanover's Alumni Stadium.
* Manchester (2-4, 1-2 HCAC) at Hanover (5-1, 3-0 HCAC) – Saturday October 26, 1:30 p.m.
* Current Streak: Hanover won 3
* Last MU Win: 2015 – 24-21
Manchester News & Notes
* Manchester will look to build off its 30-21 upset of Franklin College this past Saturday.
* The Spartans had not defeated the Grizzlies since 1997.
* Senior RB Donavan Henderson, Jr. was named the HCAC Offensive Player of the Week for the second time this season on Monday October 21. Henderson rushed for 188 yards and 2 touchdowns against Franklin. Most notably, Henderson set the all-time rushing record, breaking Dan Taylor's record that stood for over 40 years.
* The Manchester defense played a major role in the Spartans' win at Franklin. MU came up with a pair of interceptions at the goal line to thwart a pair of early FC scoring opportunities. Manchester also got a stop on fourth down at the six-yard line just before the end of the first half.
* Manchester also racked up four sacks for 45 yards and had six tackles-for-loss.
Hanover News & Notes
* Hanover won the 2018 Regular Season HCAC title and were picked to repeat as champions this season.
* The Panthers have won five straight games since a Week 1 loss to nationally ranked Centre College.
* Hanover is undefeated in HCAC play so far this fall, securing victories over Bluffton, Anderson, and Defiance.
* Hanover's offense ranks second in the conference behind Mount St. Joseph. HC averages 465.2 yards per game.
* Defensively, Hanover also stands second in the conference rankings, allowing 300.5 yards of offense per game.