NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. - The Manchester University Spartans will travel to Franklin College for a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference football matchup with the Grizzlies on Saturday October 19. Kickoff from Faugth Stadium is slated for 1:30 p.m.
The Matchup: Manchester (1-4, 0-2 HCAC) at Franklin (3-3, 2-1 HCAC)
Manchester News & Notes
* Manchester will look to secure it first HCAC win of the season at Franklin this weekend.
* The Spartans fell in last week's matchup to Mount St. Joseph.
* Senior RB Donavan Henderson, Jr. posted his fourth straight, 100-plus yard game this weekend against the Lions. Henderson carried the ball 30 times from 171 yards and one touchdown.
* Henderson now has 3,008 career rushing yards, just 115 yards shy of the all-time MU record. He leads the HCAC in total rushing yards (748), rushing yards per game (149.6), and rushing TDs (9). His 748 rushing yards rank third in all of NCAA Division III.
* Freshman LB Devontay Moore ranks among the conference leaders in sacks with five. Moore has 34 total tackles for the Black and Gold this fall. Conner Sherwin also has 34 total tackles this year.
* Michael Cross holds the team lead in tackles with 35.
Franklin News & Notes
* The Grizzlies are coming off a 49-35 win over Anderson on Saturday.
* FC has won two straight games.
* QB Braden Smith has thrown for 985 yards and nine touchdowns this season.
* WR Cole Daab has 319 receiving yards through six games.