NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. - Homecoming 2019 is set for this coming weekend as the Manchester University football team will host HCAC-leading Mount St. Joseph at 1:30 p.m. at Burt Field on Saturday October 12. Manchester University athletics will honor its 2019 Hall of Fame Inductees and the 2019 Claude Wolfe Coach of the Year Recipient. Saturday's game will also be another GOLD Rush event for students.
Manchester (1-3, 0-1 HCAC) vs. Mount St. Joseph (4-0, 2-0 HCAC)
Manchester News & Notes
* The Spartans will be coming off their bye week.
* MU dropped its HCAC opener to Rose-Hulman back on September 28.
* Manchester will be playing its fourth home game of the season when MSJ visits Burt Field on Saturday.
* Senior RB Donavan Henderson, Jr. leads the conference and ranks second in all of NCAA Division III with 577 yards rushing this fall. Henderson also leads the league and ranks second nationally with 8 rushing touchdowns.
* Against Defiance College, Henderso, Jr. had five rushing TDs, a new school record. He is just 285 yards shy of tying the all-time rushing mark at Manchester University.
* The Spartans rank third in the HCAC in rushing.
* Freshman LB Devontay Moore sits atop the HCAC rankings with 4.0 sacks this season.
Mount St. Joseph News & Notes
* QB Chaiten Tomlin leads the conference in passing with 360.8 yards per game and 18 touchdowns. He was named the HCAC Offensive Player of the Week for the second time this season on Monday October 7.
* MSJ's offense ranks second in the HCAC. The Lions are averaging 454 yards per game.
* The Lions are 4-0, 2-0 HCAC this season. Mount topped Defiance 59-6 this past weekend.
* MSJ beat Franklin 50-27 earlier in the season for its first win against the Grizzlies in a decade.