NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – The Manchester University football team will have a short week to prepare for its next contest. The Spartans will travel to Defiance College on Thursday September 19. Kickoff between the Spartans and Yellow Jackets is set for 7 pm at Defiance High School.
The Matchup: Manchester (0-2) vs. Defiance (0-2)
Manchester News & Notes
* With his 25-yard touchdown run this past weekend agaisnt Alma Donavan Henderson, Jr. broke Manchester's total career touchdowns record by a non-QB. Henderson's 35 total touchdowns surpassed the previous record of 34 set by Dakota Nelson in 2017.
* Thursday's game against the Yellow Jackets will be the first of two meetings with DC this year.
* Both matchups with the Yellow Jackets this season will be played away from Burt Field.
* Thursday's contest will not count toward either team's HCAC record.
* November 9's game at Defiance will be a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference game.
Defiance News & Notes
* Defiance will enter Thursday's game with a record of 0-2.
* The Yellow Jackets dropped road contests at Albion and Hope by final scores of 55-6 and 80-6.
* DC has been limited to 190.5 yards offense through its first two games this season.
* Defiance leads the all-time series that dates back to 1926 with Manchester 30-22.
* Manchester rolled past the Yellow Jackets 57-26 last season.