NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. - Manchester University and Alma College will square off in non-conference action on Saturday September 14. Kickoff from Burt Field is scheduled for 6 p.m.
Both teams will be looking to rebound after dropping their Week 1 contests. Manchester fell to regional-rival Trine 38-21 on September 5. Alma dropped its season opener to Baldwin Wallace 31-14 on Saturday September 7.
Saturday's game will be another Gold Rush event for students. Students who are members of Gold Rush receive a t-shirt, cow bell, pompom, drawstring bag, and foam finger. Students are encouraged to show their school spirit - sign up to become a member of Gold Rush HERE.
Additionally, the Manchester University women's soccer team will be hosting a book drive on Saturday to benefit the North Manchester Library. The team will welcome any type of book (children's, young adult, cookbooks, picture books, and fiction/nonfiction). New books/lightly used books will be placed straight on the shelves of the North Manchester Public Library. Used books will be sold in the annual Friends of the Library Book Sale that raises money for the programs at the public library.
The Mathcup: Manchester (0-1, 0-0 HCAC) vs. Alma (0-1, 0-0 MIAA)
Manchester News & Notes
* The Spartans' second half rally fell short last week as MU fell to Trine by a 38-21 final score.
* Manchester outscored the Thunder 21-14 in the second half.
* Senior quarterback Austin Roberts accounted 207 yards of offense and two touchdowns.
* Roberts broke loose for a 48-yard touchdown run in the 4th quarter.
* Conner Sherwin led the MU defense against Trine with 14 total tackles, a sack, a forced fumble, and a fumble recorvery.
Alma News & Notes
* The Fighting Scots dropped their 2019 opener to Baldwin Wallace, 31-14, last Saturday September 7.
* The Scots were limited to 223 yards of total offense against the Yellow Jackets and turned the ball of over three times.
* Last season, Alma posted a 2-8, 1-6 MIAA record.
* The Scots are coached by Jason Couch.