NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – Manchester University is slated to play a four-game series with DePauw University this weekend at Bishop Chatard High School in Indianapolis. A doubleheader will be played on both Saturday March 9 and Sunday March 10.
Saturday's contests were originally scheduled for Noon and 3 p.m. Those start times have been moved up to 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. First pitch on Sunday is still on for Noon and 3 p.m.
Manchester News & Notes
* Manchester opened the season last week with a five-game road swing in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
* The Spartans posted a 1-4 mark over their spring trip and defeated Manhattaville College 14-7 last Friday.
* Junior Nick Rush had a solid start to his season at the plate last week. Rush batted .385 (5-18) with three doubles, one home run and five RBI.
* Fellow junior Joe Gallatin opened the 2019 season with seven hits and five RBI. Gallatin is hitting .318.
* Senior outfielder Tyler LaFollette leads the team with eight hits and a .444 batting average.
DePauw News & Notes
* The Tigers stand 2-4 so far in 2019.
* DU posted back-to-back wins against HCAC-member Mount St. Joseph this past weekend.
* CJ Yoannou and Nolan Lavender both have reached double figures in hits. Yoannou has 11 hits and is batting .500, while Lavendar has collected 10 hits and is batting .435.